This is not my main blog. This is the other blog. The one that charts all the random bumps on the highway that is life. It was also my first blog, so it is, in it's own special way, still the best.

The other one, the one that I update regularly, can be found here.

That's all for now.

April 12, 2011

Traveller's Tale

The rack and the ruin
Of outrageous fortune
Haunts all who cross o'er the sea,
But the sights and the sounds
Of the miracles found
Await all who would choose to be free.

I did travel away
In those glorious days
Til I ached in my muscle and bone,
And though each sight I saw
Left me gasping for more
I did hope in my heart to go home.

Still on did I go,
Through the sun and the snow,
To see all that my heart could desire,
Then with all I had learned
I turned and returned
To the site of a once well known fire.

Though my feet changed their course
To that homeward bound voice
That calls out to so many like me,
Still the memories remain,
Spinning loose in my brain,
Of the time that I chose to be free.

C Shiell, 2011

No comments: